Thursday, April 7, 2011

happy birthday!!!!!

Hello, hello!!! April is upon us! It is the season of birthdays - I think half of the people I know and love seem to have a birthday in April (oh, including ME!)

I created this card using Sunny Yellow, Sunflower, and Sky paper and ink.  And the stamp set, called Candlelight is one of those "super-practical-adorable-must-have" sets.  You'll use it all the time, I promise! The sentiments are terrific and you can use the candles as firecrackers, menorah candles, or birthday candles!!! I've even used the outline candle as a tag or tiny journaling block.  HELLO double-duty stamps! (LOVE THAT!)

Little design note: The three blue dots that look sort of like brads (but they aren't) were simply dots that I cut from a second stamped image of that polka dotted candle!

I rattled on, at my blog today, about a dear friend of mine whose birthday is TODAY!!! Her name is Karisse, and she is super creative, and has quite an amazing story.  Head on over to my blog to find the links and read all about her inspiring story!

I hope you are having a beautiful Spring day!
See you next week!

1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

I like this card. Well, I like all of your cards!