Thursday, September 16, 2010

moving backwards!

Last week we thought about Christmas, but now I'm going to distract you. . . .let's go back to Halloween. This is a cute and OH-SO-STINKIN-SIMPLE little treat can. I stocked up on a bunch of these cans, from the Target Dollar Bin, when they were on clearance. Watch for them, and you'll see them here and there! Really any kind of little container would work.

To create the tag, I used a scalloped and a regular circle punch. I stamped the Spot On Backgrounder stamp onto my circle, matted it on the black scalloped circle, and pierced holes along the edges. I think that little touch really makes the tag POP! The sentiment is from Say It In Style (still one of the most practical and well loved stamp sets in my collection!)

I stamped the cutie pie pumpkin face (from Spooky Smiles) onto my can using black StazOn ink. It's slippery, so be careful . . .but when stamping with black, I have an easy trick for boo boos. If it doesn't stamp totally evenly, just use a black Sharpie to fill in any un-inky spots! Easy peasy!!

Okay, on to the assembly. A few pumpkin Peeps. . . put them in a sandwich size ziplock bag. Trim off the zipper part. Tie it with a piece of string, ribbon, whatever you have. Tie a little ribbon bow, attach it to your tag, and use two sided tape to attach the tag to your treat bag. Stick it in the can. And guess what? YOU'RE DONE.

I told you it was easy!
This idea can be VERY easily altered for just about any occasion! This would make a great teacher gift, co-worker gift, or a child's gift! (I think ours is going to be a Halloween decoration for just as long as I can keep Bryce's fingers out of those Peeps!)

1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

I agree that this is so cute! I wanna make this little bucket of wonderful Halloween cheer. But then I wanna eat the leftover Halloween peeps. Is that so wrong?