Thursday, October 20, 2011

I love you sew much!

In honor of my mom, who got out her sewing machine this week, I have a cutie patootie little card for you today.  I must admit, I totally and completely LOVE this card.  This is very much NOT my normal color scheme.  Me and purple. . .well, we don't get along nicely.  (In fact, I have a whole post dedicated to my ironic dislike for purple, and you can read it HERE.)  
BUT, this card turned out JUST as I pictured it in my head, and that doesn't always happen, right!?
Hopefully my mom will grace us with a picture of her tomato costume that she whipped up this week.  When I was a kid, she sewed ALL of my Halloween costumes.  And I. Looked. GOOD! She is a whiz.

Okay, here are the deets on this card. .. the paper is Sonoma (despite the purple, it is GORGEOUS paper!)
and the stamp set is called Tailor Made.   I added some kraft card stock, plus some twine from my stash! This card is a great way to use up scraps.  I trimmed my strips about 1 inch, which gave me room to overlap them just a bit.  You could recreate this card in a million different color schemes! SO MUCH FUN!

xoxo

1 comment:

Susan aka Mimi said...

I love the card too Laura! The Sonoma paper is beautiful, and I have no problem with the color purple. Gosh wouldn't that make a great movie title?