Thursday, February 10, 2011

it's your birthday. . .celebrate!

I have more NEW goodies to share with you today! This card features the new Fanfare paper. Perfect for birthdays, 4th of July, and summertime (among many other occasions, I'm sure!) I hand cut some of the stars from the paper to use as embellishments around my sentiment. Remember the rule of THREE when you create. The three stars, placed in a loose triangle shape cause your eye to continue roaming around the card. It's a good trick to turn to, if you feel like there's no focus to your project. Three elements - even if they aren't the same, to move your eye around the card, layout, painting - WHATEVER you're working on. Trust me, it will work! :)

I purposefully tried to keep this card FLAT, so it would be easier to mail, but I really want to go back and add some buttons or brads to the star's centers! I inked the edges of all my papers, in their matching color of ink, just to accentuate their edges. I think this really makes elements on a card POP! (And I love POP!)

The stamps are from the set, Card Chatter - Birthdays. If you create a lot of birthday cards, this might be a stamp set you NEED!!!! It has a great array of sentiments, just perfect for card-making.

Have a terrific weekend! I'll be back next week. . .with SOMETHING (hopefully something fabulous!) to share with you!!! XOXO


2 comments:

Linda said...

The card definitely has "pop". Love it! TFS!

Nancy Durant said...

I like this, too!
Fun stuff always coming from you missy!