Thursday, September 30, 2010

what holiday is it?

Am I confusing you? The past few weeks, I have gone from Christmas, to Halloween, and now back to Christmas. That's just how I roll!

This is a pretty quick and simple 5x7 Christmas card, using the gorgeous new Christmas papers, called Mistletoe and the new stamp set, I Believe.

I did lots of inking on this, along the edges of the paper. I used a mixture of a few different colors. . .Chocolate and Barn red mostly. And when I inked my images, I inked them in red ink, and then bumped the edges around in a brown ink pad. (I think it was Barn Red and Chocolate!) It's subtle, but it adds a little extra interest and dimension (especially in person. Sometimes it's so hard to photograph those little details!)

Whatever you are working on. . . Christmas, Halloween, or something else altogether, I hope you have inky fingers and maybe some glitter on your nose! Have fun!

1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

Well, I am easily confused, but this time not by you!
This is a great card. I need to ink edges more, I sometime forget to do that. And I want inky fingers and maybe glitter on my eyelids, but not my nose :)