Thursday, August 26, 2010

For My Teacher

Here's the great big Kindergarten boy. . .
and here's the card for his teacher!

I stamped the Spot On Background stamp on white cardstock, and trimmed it to be the size I wanted. (Just slightly smaller than the actual stamp size) Don't feel limited by background stamps, just because they aren't quite the shape or size you need! I've been known to stamp a square background and punch circles or flowers out of it. The possibilities are endless!

I stamped the apples (from You're So Sweet), and cut them out (Kiwi or Pear are both perfect shades for this card!) I think I used Clover Meadow for the leaves, and the sentiment, but any of the darker shades of green will work! The sentiment came from the Family Ties - Adults set. And three red buttons finished it off!

If you have kiddos back to school, I hope their year is off to a great start! Bryce is doing FANTASTIC, and he loves it! Hooray!
EDT: I just realized, I used Citrus Leaf on this card. . .so, in addition to Pear or Kiwi being perfect, Citrus Leaf works perfectly too!


1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

What a nice card for Bryce's teacher.Very thoughtful and beautiful. Hope this week has been great for all of the Williams!
xoxoxoxxo