Thursday, May 20, 2010

everything grows better. . .

Layers and layers . . . .I don't normally have the patience for this many layers. But I layered it on, and distressed like crazy for this card. (You can see it closer up, if you click on it!) I cut the leafy circle with a circle template (but a cup or bowl works well too. After I attached my circle, I stamped the tree . .. .now here's a secret. since I was stamping on two different layers of paper some of my image didn't completely stamp where the leafy circle meets the trunk - so I filled it in with colored pencil! Perfect!!! I decided after stamping the tree, that I really wanted grass there - so I used an exacto knife, and cut away the bottom of the tree and slid my torn patterned paper underneath. LOVE the way it turned out!!!!

I adhered the sentiment with foam tape, as well as the hearts. But before I attached them, I stitched a little embroidery floss through each one, and tied a tiny knot at the back.

Thanks for stopping by today!

(card goodies: Grown With Love stamps, Veranda paper, Cocoa ink and cardstock, and a little scrap of sorbet paper for the hearts)

No comments: