Thursday, April 29, 2010

grow. . .breathe. . .enjoy!

Hello! Hello! Happy Thursday! Today's card is a bit larger than I normally work - 5x7. But this big wonderful tree just didn't want to be cropped or cut apart, so I used a larger format. These stamps are from Grown With Love. (There's another really cute sample from the catalog, if you click on that link to the stamp set! Seeing that card, makes me want to go play with this some more!) I also used Twitterpated paper and matching Dimensional Elements chipboard buttons.
There are some great polka dotted circles in this stamp set, but to make the circles on my tree, i just punched out paper, and then added some buttons. The leafy trio is also a stamp from this set, as are the little words scattered around - grown, breathe, and enjoy.

TIP: to create the brown background layer, I cut a rectangle, and matted my image. Then I used a circle punch, slightly larger than the buttons, punched out four brown circles, and matted them behind the rectangle.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!! Can you believe it's almost MAY!!???

1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

I missed this because I was busy looking at your baby picture above this. Very nice card. I like the repetition of the circles. Clever girl :)